Halloween beverages may be most associated with Starbucks’ famous Pumpkin Spice Latte, but that doesn’t mean you have to let them have all the fun! Now is the perfect time to try out some spooky coffee recipes at home for your friends and family.
We’ve pulled together a list of some of our favourite coffee based Halloween beverages to help inspire you, try them out and let us know what you think. Be warned though, although they sound perfect for this year’s Halloween party, some of the cocktails are a little strong, so please enjoy responsibly!
Visuals are everything at Halloween, and this cocktail certainly doesn’t disappoint. Plus there’s also the added bonus that it’s delicious, and guaranteed to impress at any Halloween party.
- 3 ounces espresso
- 1 ounce rum
- 1 ounce maple syrup
- 1 ounce single cream
- Cinnamon sugar
- Using your fingers and a couple of drops of maple syrup, wipe the rim of the glass with syrup. Dip the rim into the cinnamon sugar.
- Put the remaining ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. Strain and pour the contents over ice in a cappuccino or Irish coffee cup.
The ice cream in this recipe makes it an ideal dessert for coffee lovers. Beer lovers will definitely enjoy this one too!
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso
- 24 ounces oatmeal stout beer
Place 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream in each of 4 tall glasses. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon vodka, 1 tablespoon brewed espresso, and 6 ounces oatmeal stout beer. Serve immediately.
This coffee is a little lighter on the alcohol, but heavy on style! It would make a great after dinner coffee for a Halloween themed dinner party.
- 1 cup of coffee
- 1/2 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon sambuca
- 1 dollop whip cream
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 115 ml corn syrup
- 6-8 drops of red food colouring
- Pour the corn syrup into a shallow bowl.
- Add red food colouring and stir.
- To serve, dip the rim of each glass in the syrup and stand them upright, the syrup will trickle down the sides of the glass.
Halloween drinks don’t have to be alcoholic to be fun! Try this simple version of the classic pumpkin spice latte, it only takes about 5 minutes to prepare.
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso
- Whisk 1/2 cup milk, sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over low heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Whisk in remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- Pour milk mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove pulp. Return milk mixture to saucepan and simmer, whisking, 2 minutes. Add espresso and whisk until foamy, 1 minute.
Do you have any favourite Halloween themed coffee drinks? Let us know in the comments or tweet us here. Of course, you can always drop in some pumpkin syrup into your favourite coffee. Leave a bottle next to coffee machine and it will be gone before you can say trick or treat!