For the purist, no coffee can compare with the richness, smoothness and taste experience that is the espresso. Steam pressured commercial coffee machines have been in existence for over 100 years now and yet the quality of the average espresso is still variable.
The name ‘espresso’ means ‘express’ or ‘fast’. Even as early as the 19th century, inventors were looking for ways to make coffee commercially, quickly and to order. Making an espresso requires skill, precision and attention to detail. So how can you give your customers the ultimate espresso experience and maintain that express delivery and service?
You could employ a barista. But skilled baristas are few and far between. What’s more, they need time off, catch colds and take holidays like the rest of us, so you might need several baristas to cover all your shifts.
Or you could choose the WMF Espresso commercial coffee machine. This new kid on the WMF block combines precision and cutting edge technology to produce the perfect cup of espresso that tastes handmade – automatically and consistently! And as an added bonus, the WMF coffee machine will work 365 days a year without complaint or the need for holidays!
The secret to handmade espresso
- Grind the coffee beans – a superfine grind is needed and the beans should be ground freshly for every cup.
- Ensure there are no old coffee residues left in your holder to taint the flavour.
- Measure your coffee accurately – depending on your chosen beans and taste profile, you might need a different amount of ground coffee for your single or double shot of espresso.
- Tamp down the coffee – this is critical! You need to compact the finely ground coffee to form a ‘cake’ in the holster.
- Ensure your machine temperature is properly calibrated – the first water coming through must dampens the coffee before being put through at pressure. Temperature is all important – Too cool and it will be weak and bland, and if it’s too hot, the coffee will taste burnt and bitter.
For an experienced barista, making espresso is almost effortless, but for lesser-skilled staff, it can be a hit or a miss affair. For a beverage which is meant to be quickly prepared, the espresso can be exceedingly time-consuming to make unless your staff are skilled and well trained.
The secret to a WMF Espresso – handmade automatically
- Take one WMF Espresso commercial coffee machine and plumb in
- Fill the air cooled hoppers with your selected coffee beans for automatic grinding
- Choose your settings from the touch control panel
- Insert the portafiller – the espresso machine will grind the beans, measure out the correct amount of coffee and tamp it to perfection
- Remove your cups from their heatable, soft close storage compartment and place on the grid
- Let your WMF coffee machine make the perfect espresso for you
If you’ve been searching for the answer to the perfect espresso – you’ve found it. Capable of producing up to 300 cups per hour, the WMF commercial espresso coffee machine delivers a great espresso experience without all that complicated grind. But don’t just take our word for it – see the WMF Espresso machine in action for yourself.